Thursday, May 15, 2008

Online again

The good news is (as you have noticed), that internet is back, both at the office and at home. The not so good news is that there is a water shortage (Knappheit, Engpass) in Nairobi. Though this has been the rainy season, we have hardly had rain (I only used the umbrella I bought about twice). This means that they will start rationing the water. We will only be getting water from Saturday afternoon to Wednesday morning. Fortunately, there is a water tank on the roof which is usually filled by the city council water, so even when the water stops running, we will still have water for a day or two, depending on how much water we use (we have guests here right now, in total we are five grown-ups and four kids). It will be an interesting experience - I can't quite imagine yet what that will mean.

No comments: