Saturday, March 8, 2008

Msafara - Wheels of Hope

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the changes our church was making because of the political and humanitarian situation. A third of the staff was left in charge of running the church and the services, the other two groups started working with IDPs (internally displaced persons) and with the Msafara - the caravan of hope. For weeks the latter group (together with many other churches and pastors) has been preparing this caravan of hope which will be going through the five major cities that experienced post-election violence to work for healing and reconciliation.

Since I am in the group that has been running the church and the services, I did not expect to go on the Msafara (meaning caravan or convoy - safari, by the way, means trip). This week I was told that I could/should go, so I am getting ready to leave in a few hourse. For more information, you can check the website: http://www.msafara.co.ke/.

Tonight (Friday), we are leaving for Mombasa. We are staying there until Sunday night, coming back to Nairobi again at night. We then leave again for Nakuru on Tuesday morning, continuing on to Eldoret and Kisumu and coming back to Nairobi on the 17th of March. This means that it will be pretty silent on this blog for the next ten days, but I appreciate your prayers for safety and protection as we travel. Pray that God may bring true healing to the country of Kenya. Even in the church, pastors and members are divided along political and tribal lines.

I am actually not sure yet what I will be doing, but I am sure there will be plenty to do, whether it be with logistics, humanitarian aid, prayer or counselling. I will let you know when I get back! While I am gone, you can keep up with the happenings through the msafara blog: www.msafara.wordpress.com.

No comments: